IN DEPTH REVIEW OF UDI U818A, AFFORDABLE BEGINNERS DRONE
UDI U818A 2.4GHz 4 CH 6 Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter with Camera RTF Mode 2
- 6 AXIS GYRO with posture control - Integrated design guarantee the precise positioning of the aircraft.
- 4 CHANNEL function provide stable flying and easy operation.
- High capacity battery and strong power motors enable the helicopter to fly much longer and more efficiently.
- Charging time is about 120 minutes while flight duration is about 7-9 minutes.
- Modular design makes it easy to install and repair. Remote distance is up to 30m.
BEFORE GOING INTO THE DETAILED REVIEW OF THE DRONE, HERE ARE THE THINGS YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT THE DRONE:
- The drone is a set to use drone straight out of the package and does not need much time before it is ready to take the first flight.
- It is equipped with the first-person view of the surrounding due to its strong Wi-Fi connectivity and gives an amazing aerial view.
- Being a beginner, the UDI U818A drone is designed with headless mode and helps the user to fly the drone in both forward and backward direction without re-positioning it.
- It uses a 350 mAh battery of 3.7 volts Li-Po and takes about 2 hours to get fully charged. The flight time for the drone is around 8 to 9 minutes.
Let’s find out what is included in the package:
- UDI U818A Quadcopter
- 4 GHz Controller
- 350mAh Li-Po Battery – 2
- USB charger
- Micro SD card with 4GB capacity
- 4 sets of propellers
- Power bank
- Instruction Manual
Using and Assembling the Drone:
Reading the user manual is very important and helps a lot in assembling the components of the drone.
Technology and Elaborative Design
The UDI U818A drone is minimalistic in design that marks it a good catch for beginners. The frame is lightweight and is made of thin plastic material and has the electronics fitted efficiently under the center. It has an inbuilt camera that is connected to the drone body and consists of rotors that are 5.25 inches in diameter. It is equipped with a number of LED lights and LED strips indicating front and back which helps in easy identification of the drone during dark.
It flies at a frequency of 2.4GHz and the precise positioning of the drone is achieved through stabilization using 6-axis gyro which ensures better control of movement. The 4 channel function of drone provides ease of operation and stable drone flying.
Performance and Fly Mode
The performance of the drone is exceptionally great for beginners and has many cool features that boost performance. The controller can be easily connected via Wi-Fi connectivity The LCD display on the front of the controller makes it easy to control the drone. The buttons on the drone help in taking photos, start & stop videos, flip the quadcopters, change the lights and change the direction of the drone. It works at a frequency of the 2.4GHz signal and offers a good flying range of 30 to 40 feet.
It has an average flight time of around 7 to 9 minutes. There is a number of cool flying features that make it a great buy. It comes with a 360° flip rotation and on hitting the button the drone automatically flips in the air. There is a number of features associated with the drone-like headless mode which helps in flying the drone both in backward and forward direction. It proves to be of a lot of advantage as it helps in easy flying owing to its small size and frame. It is resistant to weather adversity and can be used in windy situations.
Battery and Camera
The battery of the UDI U818A drone is definitely one of the most important aspects and this drone uses 350mAh battery of 3.7 V Li-Po. The charging time for the battery is around 2 hours and it gives a flight time of around 7 to 8 minutes. The package also consists of a microSD card of 4 GB that is used for saving all pictures and recordings.
The inbuilt camera is an integral part of the drone which gives the aerial shots. The camera that is present on the drone is small in size and can be detached. The videos can be shot at a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels at 30fps but the details of the videos aren’t much clear. The images can be captured at a resolution of 1280 x 960 pixels and appear to be good under the clear and bright light. The drone is also equipped with a return to home function and it prevents losing the drone and no matter what, the drone finds its way back home.
Pros and cons
- Easy and convenient to fly as it does not require much assembly
- Fast and efficient turning, flipping and rotation
- Affordable and perfect for beginners
- Blades are protected and hence less liable to damage
- Ease of setting up connectivity
- Extremely lightweight in construction that reduces stability
- Less battery life
- Image and video quality is poor with background noise
- Hazy and lackluster videos with noise and bad colors
- Good images can be clicked only under good light
The quadcopter or drone from UDI U818A is perfect for beginners and gives extremely spectacular aerial shots with its HD camera.The beginner drone has an easy and excellent control system and is fun to fly with its easy controls. This drone is something that eye on if you are new to aerial photography.