IN DEPTH REVIEW OF TRAXXAS ALIAS, WITH THREE MODES OF OPERATION
Traxxas 6608 LaTrax Alias Quad-Rotor Ready-To-Fly Helicopter, Assorted Colors
- The number one selling name ins RTR
- Innovative designa and engineering
- Made using only the highest quality components
- Quad-rotor thrust with auto-leveling 6-axis flight system
- High-capacity 650mAh LiPo battery
BEFORE GOING INTO THE DETAILED REVIEW OF THE DRONE, HERE ARE THE THINGS YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT THE DRONE:
- It is integrated with unique crash proof feature and thus is able to withstand damage despite its rough flying.
- It is an ideal drone for the beginners as well as advanced users with its high-end integrated auto-leveling 6 axis flight system.
- It comes with three different flight modes including easy, fast and expert with the easy mode perfect for beginners.
- It uses a Li-Po battery of 1S 620mAh and is included with two modes of charging as per user convenience.
Let’s find out what is included in the package:
- Drone and 2.4 GHz Multi-mode transmitter
- USB Powered LiPo charger
- 650 mAh Li-Po battery
- 5mm Hex Wrench
- Traxxas AAA Alkaline Batteries – 4
- Spare Rotor Blade Set
- Spare Hardware
- Thumb Stick Pads
- Instruction Manual
Using and Assembling the Drone:
Reading the user manual is very important and helps a lot in assembling the components of the drone.
It is designed durably with high-tech molded composite frame and gives a high-quality performance. It is integrated with quadrotor thrust that is equipped with auto-leveling 6-axis flight system and it enhances the flight stability. It is designed innovatively and integrated with 2.4GHz radio control system. It is integrated with bright and colorful LEDs light for better productivity and performance.
The drone comes with an in-built crash proof feature which is designed to withstand rough flying. Being a novice in flying, it is obvious to crash the drone leading hard impact on it. You don’t have to worry about the crash damage as it is able to withstand a crash and fly back to the sky on hitting something with impact. The flight control system gives the drone maximum stability and the drone snaps back safely no matter what situation it lands. It is equipped with a brushed, coreless type of motor. The integrated LED lights ensure use of the drone even at night as they illuminate the drone.
Performance and Fly Mode
The drone is equipped with three flight modes which are easy, fast and expert and one can use them depending on their level of expertise. Easy mode is for beginners with full auto-leveling whereas the fast mode is for experienced users. The expert mode is for those who are able to take full control of the drone and everything is performed manually.The controllers or transmitter is comfortable to use and can be used to precisely control the drone. The transmitter allows precise control and enables one to fly the drone for a longer time. It is operated even with help of sticks and it is equipped with an LCD screen to check the flight. The special memory technology of the drone ensures that you stay connected to the drone.
Battery and Other Features
The flight performance is limited to only about 15 minutes of flight and its 4 motors ensure 50% more powerful flight performance. The rotors present in the drone prevent the drone from getting entangled and helps safe landing. The drone does not come with an inbuilt camera but you can purchase a camera and install it for taking aerial photographs.
It uses a Li-Po battery of 650mAh and uses a voltage of 3.7V. It has a flight time of around 15 minutes and has a good battery. The drone can be charged either by USB charger or by the battery. When the quad power is low on power and needs to be charged, the fuel gauge alert you and drone returns back just before the battery dies. The battery takes around 30 minutes to charge and get ready for next round of flight. The drone can be used for performing rolling, twisting and turning stunts. The ergonomic design of the drone makes it highly performance oriented and easy to control. With three modes for controlling and operating the drone, it is perfect for beginners to experts. It is light weighted and ultra responsive with an exquisite flight control system.
Pros and cons
- It is easy to set up, fly and comes with a light-weight powerful motor.
- The construction is strong, sturdy and durable.
- It comes with the auto-elevation option.
- The package consists of spare parts along with USB charger.
- It has a wide range of colors to choose from.
- Use of expert mode is slightly complicated.
- Size is slightly bigger as compared to others.
- Easy mode runs the drone very slowly.
The Traxxas Alias is a high quality and performance efficient drone not only for beginners but even for experienced aerial shooters. It is equipped with best in class features and its innovative technology brings best aerial shots. It is brilliantly engineered considering all the aspects right from advanced technology-is driven design, maximum performance, high-end stability and excellent in-built flight time.