IN DEPTH REVIEW OF HUBSAN H502S, AFFORDABLE GPS ENABLED MODEL
Hubsan is a popular drone manufacturer and is known for producing some of best drones within budget. If you are looking for a drone that gives you spectacular aerial shots and is equipped with advanced features, HUBSAN H502S is a real grab. It is loaded with innovative features and is tagged to be one of the cheapest drones. It does not require a lot of assembling process as it is ready to use a drone and hence within 2 minutes of calibration, it is ready to take beautiful pictures. It is an affordable, performance-oriented and quality drone for both amateur and experienced photographers.
Hubsan X4 H502S 5.8G FPV With 720P HD Camera GPS Altitude Mode RC Quadcopter RTF
- GPS auto-positioning system: With GPS auto-positioning system, accurate positioning location, perfect advanced follower. Follow me mode with GPS enables the H502S flying itself to capture your adventure wherever you are.
- Headless mode: With headless mode function, no need to adjust the position of aircraft before flying and with one key return function makes it easily to find the way home.
- Camera: Built-in 720P HD camera is tuned amazingly to capture stunning pictures and videos from the sky. 5.8G FPV Real-time Video Transmission: Share the videos and photos to the LCD at anytime anywhere
- Altitude Hold Mode: In altitude hold mode, the aircraft maintains a consistent altitude while allowing roll, pitch, and yaw to be controlled normally.
- GPS Return to Home and Failsafe: The Hubsan H502S features built-in GPS which enables the quadcopter to enter into a failsafe mode if the connection to the radio transmitter is lost. In failsafe mode, the flight control system will automatically control the quadcopter and bring it back to the Return To Home point and land. The RTH function can also be enabled directly from the transmitter, this will automatically bring the quadcopter to the Home point and land safely.
BEFORE GOING INTO THE DETAILED REVIEW OF THE DRONE, GET TO KNOW A FEW KEY POINTS ON THE DRONE :
- It is lightweight and ready to use with a little bit of easy assembling process. It does not require FAA registration.
- It is enabled with GPS and hence calibration is needed before letting it fly. It takes some time for the drone and transmitter to get hold of the correct GPS position.
- It is equipped with a brushed motor and has “Return to Home” and “anti-signal loss” features enabled through GPS which prevents GPS from getting lost. It ensures that the drone returns back automatically.
- It is equipped with follow me mode which means it enables one to capture the adventures on the go with the drone following the person operating the transmitter.
So, what’s included in the package?
- Hubsan H502S Drone Body
- 4 number of spare parts
- Instruction manual
Using and Assembling the Drone:
- The best part of this drone is, it is ready to fly type and does not require the assembling part. Obviously, you cannot straight away fly it straight from the box because there are few things you need to take care of.
- Open the packet, attach the battery to the drone and check if all screws are attached properly.
- Calibrate the drone before allowing it to take its first flight. It is a simple process and takes hardly two minutes.
- There is information on the transmitter as well on the user manual that will help you calibrate the drone.
- After the calibration part is over, you can position the GPS and wait for the GPS to align the drone and transmitter correctly before it soars high in the sky.
Note – You can make the drone and propeller wear drone protector if you are a new user to avoid damage when it crashes. It is normal for new users to crash the drones.
Design and Transmitter:
It boasts of its minimalistic and simple design and is extremely lightweight weighing only 155 grams. The quality is great as compared to the affordable pricing and the modular design enables easy replacement. It is a brush motor design and is enabled with GPS that adds much to the functionality. It has GPS enabled features like anti-loss signal and return to home features which ensure that the drone comes back automatically on receiving signal. The design consists of 4 LED indicators, has rubber feet and body made of brass alloy. It comes with GPS enabled the auto-positioning system.
The transmitter is easy to use and operate with a 4.3 inch LCD screen with a resolution of 640 x 480. It shows a lot of important information like the positioning of drone & transmitter, battery, pitch & roll, velocity etc. It requires 4 number of AA battery and consumes power easily owing to its larger size.
Camera and Battery:
The camera is one of the most important aspects of a drone and depending on the type it gives clarity in the aerial shots. It has an in-built HD camera of 720p and gives a pretty decent stabilization. It is free of jello effect and FPV quality is also fine. It is easy to take video and photos and with help of Virtual Reality Headset, you can experience FPV.
The drone comes with Li-Po made a battery of 610mAh and requires 7.4 V for its operation. It takes around 150 minutes for the battery to get completely charged. A fully charged battery gives a flight time of around 15 minutes.
Flight Performance and Others:
It is a highly stable drone and works well in different areas. The in-built altitude hold mode can be activated and it helps in stabilizing the camera activities. The flight operation is very easy and with help of the transmitter and GPS, you can continue to keep it flying. The functions like a return to home, automatic landing and anti-signal lost to ensure that you are never out of sight of your drone.
The flight time it gives when the battery is completely charged is around 15 minutes. However, on a realistic note, it gives a flight time of only 10 to 11 minutes. It has an average flight range of >250 meters and FPV range is around 130 to 150 meters. It never goes out of your sight and lands safety with the functions utilized. The follow me mode enables capturing aerial shots where you are present. The aircraft does not need adjustment due to the presence of headless mode.
Pros and cons
- It is extremely affordable and great for both entry-level and experienced users.
- It includes follow me mode and altitude mode.
- It is enabled with GPS that controls feature to home and anti-loss signal.
- It is lightweight and handy to use.
- It has a good flight range and time.
- Does not include AA batteries along the packet.
- Transmitter consumes a lot of power which means battery does not last long.
- Integration of brushed motor makes it little less efficient.
If you are looking for a drone that gives you spectacular aerial shots and is equipped with advanced features, HUBSAN H502S is a real grab. It is loaded with innovative features and is tagged to be one of the cheapest drones.