IN DEPTH REVIEW OF HOLY STONE HS300, STABLE AND RESPONSIVE ENTRY LEVEL DRONE
Holystone is one of the renowned manufacturers of high-quality drones. Adding to its list of drones is the revolutionary HS Series Holy Stone HS300 has gained immense popularity for its attractive and impactful features. The drone speaks of quality and is a suitable entry level drone. The specifications of the drone, camera quality, and excellent construction make it highly stable for prolonged usage.
1080P Camera Drone,Holy Stone HS300 RC Quadcopter with 120° Wide-angle HD Camera 6-Axis gyro 2.4 GHz with Altitude hold, One Key Return and Headless Mode Function RTF Includes Bonus Battery
HERE ARE FEW THINGS YOU GUYS SHOULD KNOW ABOUT HOLY STONE HS300 DRONE:
- The drone is included with a battery of 2000mAh capacity. It is capable of flying for around 8 – 12 minutes when charged properly. The battery in the pack is two 7.4V batteries and made of Li-Po.
- It is an excellent entry level drone and gives perfect aerial shots with the integrated 1080P 120°C wide angle HD camera. It enables recording high-quality videos and qualifies as best beginner drone for aerial photography.
- You don’t have to worry about the assembling part at all as the manual instruction is precise and clear. It hardly takes 15 minutes to assemble the parts and you are good to go experimenting with aerial shots.
Read on to find out the features, details of the drone, review and everything you want to know about this fabulous device.
- 1080p Camera
- 4 Extra Propellers8 Extra Landing Gear Screws
- 1 Screwdriver
- 8 Extra Propeller Guard Screw
- 2 USB Cable
- 2 7.4V batteries of 2000mAh
- 4GB SD Memory Card
- User Manual
You will be happy to know that you can assemble the drone in minutes. Simply follow the instruction manual and you are good to go with the assembling part. So, here are the steps you need to follow to assemble the drone from its kit:
- Start by reading the user manual which gives procedure of assembling the drone. Start by taking out all the components to make it easy to assemble. Insert the SD card in the camera.
- Fix all the landing gears together using a screw driver. This basically involves attaching the blades. As a new user, it is normal to crash the drone but you need to take adequate care by using blade protection frame. There are chances that the blade might get damaged or propellers might break if the drone hits a hard surface, thus drone protector keeps it safe.
- Fix the camera with help of screw on the top of the drone. There is space in middle surrounded by the fans. Fix the camera on top of it using screws.
- After connecting the camera to the slot, check the battery and remote. Once everything is done, you are good to go.
It is important to read the user manual for the correct instruction. The user manual has pictures wise description on assembling the component.
Design & Mode
The Holystone HS300 drone is a high-quality entry level drone and gives some spectacular aerial shots. I personally loved the precision with which it has been designed and is very efficient in terms of usage. It is constructed strongly and designed for prolonged use. With the one key landing button integrated into the drone, it enables smooth landing on the ground preventing damage.
The drone operates in headless mode. The best part of the headless mode is, forward direction and nose direction are not inter-connected. The motion and direction of the drone are same as your transmitter. The body is made of ABS plastic and the long propellers ensure better flight stability. It has LED lights equipped to make things more visible.
Frequency Technology & Camera
The drone and the precision with which it can picture largely depend on the camera quality. It consists of an HD 1080p camera which is equipped with 120° wide angles. It enables high-quality recording and ensures the photographs are crystal clear. It works with a video resolution of 1920 x 1080 with the focus of 30fps. The 5MP camera with a resolution of 2592 x 1944 makes it extremely brilliant. Integrating a GoPro camera with the drone is also a great idea to take brilliant pictures and videos.
The stability of the drone is maintained with help of 6-axis gyro frequency and it has a powerful engine of 2.4GHz. The drone supports a range of up to 150 meters which definitely is not very great but is okay for beginners. It does not consume much power to be operated along the range. It drone remains stable even in windy conditions. The altitude hold function enables releasing the throttle stick and it becomes easy to shoot video or image as image hovers at the set height.
Battery & Other Features
The flight time delivered by the drone is around 8 to 12 minutes when the battery is completely charged. The package consists of two 7.4V battery of 2000mAh made of Li-Po. The battery is bulky and takes more time to get completely charged. The battery fits perfectly in the slot and can be used for a longer time without replacement.
The other features include triple protection which protects the drone from unfavorable conditions. The LED light is controllable depending on the requirement. The low voltage protection makes the drone shock proof. The drone comes with low battery alarm system.
Pros and cons
- Good choice for beginners and amateurs
- Stable and responsive with great aerial photography options
- Controllable LED light
- Altitude Hold function for improved image and video quality
- Safe and smooth landing with one key landing
- Good battery life and package includes many spare parts
- Bulky drone and bulky battery make it heavy overall
- Takes 200 minutes for battery to be charged
- Design is good but not attractive for price
Holystone is one of the renowned manufacturers of high-quality drones. Adding to its list of drones is the revolutionary HS Series Holy Stone HS300 has gained immense popularity for its attractive and impactful features.